Onyx is the preferred energy partner for Irvine Unified School District. Since 2016, Onyx has developed, designed, constructed, and energized 6.2 MW of solar sites, supporting the District’s overall sustainability goal of becoming a “Net Zero Energy District” in California.
- Onyx developed, constructed and energized 6.2 MW of carport structures
- IUSD portfolio consisted of 16 schools over the course of 5+ years, with the largest being Portola HS at ~1 MW
- Onyx hosted a Sustainability Event for the District in 2019 at the Cadence Park School Energization (pictured right). Onyx presented to 3rd grade students overview of Solar Energy and the direct impact it had on their school. We toured the installation, provided workshop material, and coordinated participation from our EPC subcontractors to field questions.
- Portfolio Size: 6.2 MW
- Number of Schools: 16
- System Type: Carport
- Equipment: GCL modules; SMA Inverters
- Interconnection: Net metered and interconnected to SoCal Edison
- Contract Structure: Power Purchase Agreement